Our Client, a privately owned manufacturer with revenues exceeding $225 million, is recruiting a Senior Director of Human Resources & Talent Management. Located in Macon, Georgia, their facilities serve customers in more than 50 countries. Their values remain much the same as when they were established 80 years ago.
This individual reports to the President and leads an organization of 8, supporting more than 350 employees in the U.S., and has oversight to approximately 10 employees outside the U.S.
This individual provides Human Resources leadership and services to establish a world-class Human Resource function. He/she will be expected to develop and implement the corporate HR strategy to meet short and long term business needs in coordination with the Leadership Team.
He/she will take the lead in developing and implementing processes that identify future human asset requirements (Succession Planning), and provide programs and activities (Development, Training, Recruiting) to ensure these are present when needed, and aligned with the corporate business strategies to maximize company performance.
The Senior Director, Human Resources & Talent Management must have a good balance between the technical knowledge, skills and experience to lead the Human Resource function in a multi-location production organization, the interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of associates and customers, the desire to use their expertise to lead change, and the agility to adapt to situations that arise.
Specific Experience: Prior work experience should provide candidates:
- 15+ year’s in Human Resource management/ manufacturing strongly preferred
- Ability to work hands-on, and at the same time lead a small organization.
- Ability to effectively interact with the Leadership team
- Ability to be at home on a manufacturing floor, helping management arrive at practical solutions that have both short and long-term impact
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities by being aware of the business priorities and keeping the HR and Safety team focused on the day to day operations
- Ability to support the organization’s future through planning as well as introducing programs that prepare for future leadership requirements through training & development and selective recruiting
Education: An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in business or human resources management, although equivalent education and experience may be accepted. An MBA would be a positive.
To learn more contact: