Our client, the U.S. subsidiary of a European based consumer goods company with revenues exceeding $20 Billion, is recruiting a successful lawyer to be their Associate General Counsel. This subsidiary generates approximately 20% of the company’s total revenue. This organization, which has a portfolio of well-known brands, operates in a highly regulated industry.
The Associate General Counsel is a new position, created to support the organization by serving as a commercial attorney and providing litigation support.
The Associate General Counsel reports to the Executive Vice President, General Counsel and is a member of a small team providing hands-on counsel to all business units and levels of executive staff.
The Associate General Counsel assists the EVP, General Counsel in protecting the organization’s legal interests and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. He or she advises the General Counsel and Senior Management on, and issues recommendations regarding, how to protect and serve the Company’s legal interests. Functioning as a business partner, with an understanding of business and the business implications of legal decisions, the person who best fits this role will have a perspective much broader than just the legal aspects.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 8-10 years’ minimum legal experience, with a substantial part of that as a commercial lawyer.
- Experience working with regulated consumer products is desirable.
- Successfully provided legal support to multiple internal clients, including senior management.
- A law degree from a nationally accredited school and bar admission in at least one state.
- Highly developed oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- “Big-picture” understanding of the broad implications of decisions, along with the tendency to think methodically and logically.
This is a high visibility role that will contribute to the overall success of the organization by combining legal expertise and business perspectives and knowledge at a very important time in the organizastion’s history.
To learn more contact: